Monday, February 21, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I walk alone. I walk alone. Its almost dark. There is an antique color over everything, like it's all dead and there is no hope for anything fresh and new. I make my way down a crowded sidewalk. No one notices me. I am invisible to them. I walk alone. We are in the middle of nowhere. I don't know why I'm walking or where I'm walking. I just keep going. Its cloudy and cold. The windows on the only building for miles are shattered and the building is falling apart. I try to talk to someone, but they don't even acknowledge my presence. I walk completely alone. There are no trees, no grass, no flowers. No hope. Just tumble weeds rolling across the frozen desert that spreads forever in every direction. The only thing I can do is keep walking down this road. No dreams to make my reality. Just dirt and pavement. No purpose, just existing in a broken state. Eventually every last person is far behind, out of view. Its only me. A car drives past and I don't even look up, I have already accepted my fate. The driver doesn't even slow his speed anyways. I am still a nobody. A disposable grain of sand. I walk alone. I walk alone. 

2 comments:

  1. This is depressing. I like it. I love the repeated images of feeling insignificant, ignored. I'm afraid of that too. Being a nobody. Not being noticed. I really like the last image of a car driving by and the person doesn't even look up. "I have already accepted my fate."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a depressing entry! I like "The only thing I can do is keep walking," like there is really no point but to do what you've always done, but there is no hope.

    ReplyDelete